Evaluations during the COVID-19 Pandemic
In the current climate, it can be hard to know whether or not to pursue an evaluation. During this challenging time, Dr. Hayward is working with families to decide on the best course of action given their particular circumstances. For families who cannot postpone testing, Dr. Hayward is providing evaluations through remote testing procedures as well as socially distant in-person testing procedures. Families should know that in some circumstances remote testing is not possible. Furthermore, not all measures can be administered remotely. In those cases where in-person testing will be conducted in Dr. Hayward’s office, for your safety and Dr. Hayward’s safety, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please cancel your appointment if anyone in your family has any symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever or a cough, or if anyone in your family has recently been exposed to a known COVID-19 patient.
- Please wear a mask.
- Please take advantage of the hand sanitizer dispensers available upon leaving the elevators and in the entryway of the office.
- Please limit the number of people arriving to the office to a child and a caregiver. Older adolescents and young adults should arrive to the office on their own.
- While typically parents are encouraged and invited to remain in the waiting area during testing, Dr. Hayward is currently requesting that all children be dropped off at the time of testing and picked up when testing is concluded.
- Please do not bring snacks or beverages to the office. Parents are welcome to pick up children for snack breaks midway through sessions.
In the office, Dr. Hayward has consulted both CDC guidelines and local professional standards and protocols to redesign the office for social distancing, including use of PPE, clearly delineated separate paths and spaces for tester and testee, as well as clear plexiglass guards.